Over 150 years and still going strong!
Auctions were first held in New Street, St Neots in 1863 and have been taking place ever since on the same site.
In 1924 chartered surveyor and auctioneer Len Shaw, and local businessman, Joe Huckle took over the auctioneering business. John Shaw continued the work his father had started, becoming sole proprietor when Mr Shaw senior died in 1966.
In those early days, Huckle and Shaw’s auction rooms and yard was primarily an egg packing station with a brisk trade in poultry and vegetables. The successful partnership continued until 1955 when the name was changed to L Shaw & Son.
When John decided to retire in 1995, W&H Peacock took over the business and continue to hold auctions in St Neots every week together with a calendar of specialist machinery, catering and other auctions throughout the year.